Django 1.7.1 release notes¶
October 22, 2014
Django 1.7.1 fixes several bugs in 1.7.
- Allowed related many-to-many fields to be referenced in the admin (#23604).
- Added a more helpful error message if you try to migrate an app without first
- Modified migrations dependency algorithm to avoid possible infinite recursion.
- Fixed a
flusherror message contained Unicode characters (#22882).
- Reinstated missing
CHECKSQL clauses which were omitted on some backends when not using migrations (#23416).
- Fixed serialization of
typeobjects in migrations (#22951).
- Allowed inline and hidden references to admin fields (#23431).
@deconstructibledecorator now fails with a
ValueErrorif the decorated object cannot automatically be imported (#23418).
- Fixed a typo in an
inlineformset_factory()error message that caused a crash (#23451).
- Restored the ability to use
'auth.User'model (#11775). As a side effect, the setting now adds a
get_absolute_url()method to any model that appears in
ABSOLUTE_URL_OVERRIDESbut doesn’t define
- Avoided masking some ImportError exceptions during application loading (#22920).
unique_togethermodel options no longer results in infinite migrations (#23452).
- Fixed crash in
daterather than a
- Allowed migrations to work with
app_labels that have the same last part (e.g.
- Restored the ability to deepcopy
- Formats for Welsh (
cy) and several Chinese locales (
zh_TW) have been added. Formats for Macedonian have been fixed (trailing dot removed, #23532).
- Added quoting of constraint names in the SQL generated by migrations to prevent crash with uppercase characters in the name (#23065).
- Fixed renaming of models with a self-referential many-to-many field
- Added the
migrations.RunSQLno longer require percent sign escaping. This is now consistent with
- Made the
SERIALIZEentry in the
TESTdictionary usable (#23421).
- Fixed bug in migrations that prevented foreign key constraints to unmanaged models with a custom primary key (#23415).
SchemaEditorfor MySQL GIS backend so that spatial indexes will be created for apps with migrations (#23538).
SchemaEditorfor Oracle GIS backend so that spatial metadata and indexes will be created for apps with migrations (#23537).
- Coerced the
related_namemodel field option to unicode during migration generation to generate migrations that work with both Python 2 and 3 (#23455).
MigrationWriterto handle builtin types without imports (#23560).
- Made the
admindocsview to browse view details check if the view specified in the URL exists in the URLconf. Previously it was possible to import arbitrary packages from the Python path. This was not considered a security issue because
admindocsis only accessible to staff users (#23601).
AdminEmailHandlerwith non-ASCII characters in the request (#23593).
- Fixed missing
update_or_createon related managers causing
urlsafe_base64_decode()return the proper type (bytestring) on Python 3 (#23333).
makemigrationscan now serialize timezone-aware values (#23365).
- Added a prompt to the migrations questioner when removing the null constraint from a field to prevent an IntegrityError on existing NULL rows (#23609).
- Fixed generic relations in
- Restored RFC compliance for the SMTP backend on Python 3 (#23063).
- Fixed a crash while parsing cookies containing invalid content (#23638).
- The system check framework now raises error models.E020 when the
Model.check()is unreachable (#23615).
- Made the Oracle test database creation drop the test user in the event of an unclean exit of a previous test run (#23649).
makemigrationsto detect changes to
- Fixed a regression when feeding the Django test client with an empty data string (#21740).
- Fixed a regression in
makemessageswhere static files were unexpectedly ignored (#23583).