- Language: en
Django 1.8.4 release notes¶
August 18, 2015
Django 1.8.4 fixes a security issue and several bugs in 1.8.3.
Denial-of-service possibility in
logout() view by filling session store¶
Previously, a session could be created when anonymously accessing the
django.contrib.auth.views.logout() view (provided it wasn’t decorated
login_required() as done in the
admin). This could allow an attacker to easily create many new session records
by sending repeated requests, potentially filling up the session store or
causing other users’ session records to be evicted.
- Added the ability to serialize values from the newly added
- Added a system check warning if the old
TEMPLATE_*settings are defined in addition to the new
InvalidQueryis not raised when using the
db_columnname of a
- Prevented an exception in
TestCase.setUpTestData()from leaking the transaction (#25176).
- Fixed the recording of squashed migrations when running the
- Moved the unsaved model instance assignment data loss check to
Model.save()to allow easier usage of in-memory models (#25160).