- Language: en
So you’d like to write some code to improve Django? Awesome! There are several ways you can help Django’s development:
- Report bugs in our ticket tracker.
- Join the django-developers mailing list and share your ideas for how to improve Django. We’re always open to suggestions. You can also interact on the Django forum and the #django-dev IRC channel.
- Submit patches for new and/or fixed behavior. If you’re looking for a way to get started contributing to Django read the Writing your first patch for Django tutorial and have a look at the easy pickings tickets. The Patch review checklist will also be helpful.
- Improve the documentation or write unit tests.
- Triage tickets and review patches created by other users.
- Read the Advice for new contributors to help you get orientated in the development process.
Browse the following sections to find out how to give your code patches the best chances to be included in Django core: