- FAQ: General
- Why does this project exist?
- What does “Django” mean, and how do you pronounce it?
- Is Django stable?
- Does Django scale?
- Who’s behind this?
- How is Django licensed?
- Why does Django include Python’s license file?
- Which sites use Django?
- Django appears to be a MVC framework, but you call the Controller the “view”, and the View the “template”. How come you don’t use the standard names?
- <Framework X> does <feature Y> – why doesn’t Django?
- Why did you write all of Django from scratch, instead of using other Python libraries?
- Is Django a content-management-system (CMS)?
- How can I download the Django documentation to read it offline?
- How do I cite Django?
- FAQ: Installation
- FAQ: Using Django
- FAQ: Getting Help
- FAQ: Databases and models
- How can I see the raw SQL queries Django is running?
- Can I use Django with a preexisting database?
- If I make changes to a model, how do I update the database?
- Do Django models support multiple-column primary keys?
- Does Django support NoSQL databases?
- How do I add database-specific options to my CREATE TABLE statements, such as specifying MyISAM as the table type?
- FAQ: The admin
- I can’t log in. When I enter a valid username and password, it just brings up the login page again, with no error messages.
- I can’t log in. When I enter a valid username and password, it brings up the login page again, with a “Please enter a correct username and password” error.
- How do I automatically set a field’s value to the user who last edited the object in the admin?
- How do I limit admin access so that objects can only be edited by the users who created them?
- My admin-site CSS and images showed up fine using the development server, but they’re not displaying when using mod_wsgi.
- My “list_filter” contains a ManyToManyField, but the filter doesn’t display.
- Some objects aren’t appearing in the admin.
- How can I customize the functionality of the admin interface?
- The dynamically-generated admin site is ugly! How can I change it?
- What browsers are supported for using the admin?
- FAQ: Contributing code
- How can I get started contributing code to Django?
- I submitted a bug fix in the ticket system several weeks ago. Why are you ignoring my patch?
- When and how might I remind the team of a patch I care about?
- But I’ve reminded you several times and you keep ignoring my patch!
- I’m sure my ticket is absolutely 100% perfect, can I mark it as “Ready For Checkin” myself?