Django 1.8.1 release notes¶
May 1, 2015
Django 1.8.1 fixes several bugs in 1.8 and includes some optimizations in the migrations framework.
- Added support for serializing
timedeltaobjects in migrations (#24566).
- Restored proper parsing of the
testservercommand’s positional arguments (fixture names) (#24571).
TypeErrorin translation functions
get_language_bidi()when translations are deactivated (#24569).
squashmigrationscommand when using
- Stripped microseconds from
datetimevalues when using an older version of the MySQLdb DB API driver as it does not support fractional seconds (#24584).
- Fixed a migration crash when altering
- Fixed a crash with
QuerySet.update()on foreign keys to one-to-one fields (#24578).
- Fixed a regression in the model detail view of
admindocswhen a model has a reverse foreign key relation (#24624).
- Prevented arbitrary file inclusions in
- Fixed a crash with
QuerySet.update()on foreign keys to instances with
uuidprimary keys (#24611).
- Fixed database introspection with SQLite 3.8.9 (released April 8, 2015) (#24637).
urlpatternsexamples generated by
startprojectto remove usage of referencing views by dotted path in
url()which is deprecated in Django 1.8 (#24635).
- Fixed queries where an expression was referenced in
order_by(), but wasn’t part of the select clause. An example query is
- Fixed a database table name quoting regression (#24605).
- Prevented the loss of
not nullcolumn properties during field alteration of MySQL databases (#24595).
contrib.admin’s related field widget when using alternate static file storages (#24655).
- Fixed a migration crash when adding new relations to models (#24573).
- Fixed a migration crash when applying migrations with model managers on Python 3 that were generated on Python 2 (#24701).
- Restored the ability to use iterators as queryset filter arguments (#24719).
- Fixed a migration crash when renaming the target model of a many-to-many relation (#24725).
- Removed flushing of the test database with
test --keepdb, which prevented apps with data migrations from using the option (#24729).
makemessagescrash in some locales (#23271).
- Fixed help text positioning of
contrib.adminfields that use the
AttributeError: function 'GDALAllRegister' not founderror when initializing