Django 1.9.5 release notes¶
April 1, 2016
Django 1.9.5 fixes several bugs in 1.9.4.
MultiPartParserignore filenames that normalize to an empty string to fix crash in
MemoryFileUploadHandleron specially crafted user input (#26325).
- Fixed a race condition in
BaseCache.get_or_set()(#26332). It now returns the
defaultvalue instead of
Falseif there’s an error when trying to add the value to the cache.
- Fixed data loss on SQLite where
DurationFieldvalues with fractional seconds could be saved as
- The forms in
contrib.authno longer strip trailing and leading whitespace from the password fields (#26334). The change requires users who set their password to something with such whitespace after a site updated to Django 1.9 to reset their password. It provides backwards-compatibility for earlier versions of Django.
- Fixed a memory leak in the cached template loader (#26306).
- Fixed a regression that caused
collectstatic --clearto fail if the storage doesn’t implement
- Fixed a crash when using a reverse lookup with a subquery when a
to_fieldset to something other than the primary key (#26373).
- Fixed a regression in
CommonMiddlewarethat caused spurious warnings in logs on requests missing a trailing slash (#26293).
- Restored the functionality of the admin’s
- Fixed a regression with abstract model inheritance and explicit parent links (#26413).
- Fixed a migrations crash on SQLite when renaming the primary key of a model
JSONFieldinadvertently escaping its contents when displaying values after failed form validation (#25532).