Django 1.7.2 release notes¶
January 2, 2015
Django 1.7.2 fixes several bugs in 1.7.1.
Additionally, Django’s vendored version of six,
been upgraded to the latest release (1.9.0).
- Fixed migration’s renaming of auto-created many-to-many tables when changing
- Fixed a migration crash when adding an explicit
idfield to a model on SQLite (#23702).
- Added a warning for duplicate models when a module is reloaded. Previously a
RuntimeErrorwas raised every time two models clashed in the app registry. (#23621).
flushfrom loading initial data for migrated apps (#23699).
- Fixed a
makemessagesregression in 1.7.1 when
STATIC_ROOThas the default
- Added GeoDjango compatibility with mysqlclient database driver.
- Fixed MySQL 5.6+ crash with
GeometryFields in migrations (#23719).
- Fixed a migration crash when removing a field that is referenced in
- Updated the first day of the week in the Ukrainian locale to Monday.
- Added support for transactional spatial metadata initialization on SpatiaLite 4.1+ (#23152).
- Fixed a migration crash that prevented changing a nullable field with a default to non-nullable with the same default (#23738).
- Fixed a migration crash when adding
blank=Trueon PostGIS (#23731).
- Allowed usage of
- Fixed a migration serializing bug involving
- Fixed a regression where custom form fields having a
querysetattribute but no
limit_choices_tocould not be used in a
- Fixed a custom field type validation error with MySQL backend when
- Fixed a migration crash when a field is renamed that is part of an
squashmigrationsto respect the
- Avoided unnecessary rollbacks of migrations from other apps when migrating backwards (#23410).
- Fixed a rare query error when using deeply nested subqueries (#23605).
- Fixed a crash in migrations when deleting a field that is part of a
django.core.files.File.__repr__()when the file’s
namecontains Unicode characters (#23888).
- Added missing context to the admin’s
delete_selectedview that prevented custom site header, etc. from appearing (#23898).
- Fixed a regression with dynamically generated inlines and allowed field references in the admin (#23754).
- Fixed an infinite loop bug for certain cyclic migration dependencies, and made the error message for cyclic dependencies much more helpful.
- Added missing
index_togetherhandling for SQLite (#23880).
- Fixed a crash when
RunSQLSQL content was collected by the schema editor, typically when using
- Fixed a regression in
contrib.adminadd/change views which caused some
ModelAdminmethods to receive the incorrect
runservercrash when socket error message contained Unicode characters (#23946).
- Fixed serialization of
typewhen adding a
- Prevented the
django.contrib.auth.middleware.SessionAuthenticationMiddlewarefrom setting a
"Vary: Cookie"header on all responses (#23939).
- Fixed a crash when adding
TextField()on MySQL (#23920).
- Fixed index creation by the migration infrastructure, particularly when
dealing with PostgreSQL specific
- Fixed bug in
makemigrationsthat created broken migration files when dealing with multiple table inheritance and inheriting from more than one model (#23956).
- Fixed a crash when a
MultiValueFieldhas invalid data (#23674).
- Fixed a crash in the admin when using “Save as new” and also deleting a related inline (#23857).
- Always converted
related_nameto text (unicode), since that is required on Python 3 for interpolation. Removed conversion of
related_nameto text in migration deconstruction (#23455 and #23982).
- Enlarged the sizes of tablespaces which are created by default for testing on Oracle (the main tablespace was increased from 200M to 300M and the temporary tablespace from 100M to 150M). This was required to accommodate growth in Django’s own test suite (#23969).
timesincefilter translations in Korean (#23989).
- Fixed the SQLite
SchemaEditorto properly add defaults in the absence of a user specified
default. For example, a
blank=Truedidn’t set existing rows to an empty string which resulted in a crash when adding the
NOT NULLconstraint (#23987).
makemigrationsno longer prompts for a default value when adding
- Fixed a migration crash when adding
order_with_respect_toto a table with existing rows (#23983).
- Restored the
pre_migratesignal if all apps have migrations (#23975).
- Made admin system checks run for custom
- Ensured the app registry is fully populated when unpickling models. When an
external script (like a queueing infrastructure) reloads pickled models, it
could crash with an
- Added quoting to field indexes in the SQL generated by migrations to prevent a crash when the index name requires it (##24015).
datetime.timesupport to migrations questioner (#23998).
- Fixed admindocs crash on apps installed as eggs (#23525).
- Changed migrations autodetector to generate an
AlterModelOptionsoperation instead of
CreateModeloperations when changing
Meta.managed. This prevents data loss when changing
Trueand vice versa (#24037).
- Enabled the
sqlsequenceresetcommand on apps with migrations (#24054).
- Added tablespace SQL to apps with migrations (#24051).
contrib.sitesdefault site creation in a multiple database setup (#24000).
- Restored support for objects that aren’t
django.utils.safestring.mark_for_escaping()on Python 3.
- Supported strings escaped by third-party libraries with the
__html__convention in the template engine (#23831).
- Prevented extraneous
DROP DEFAULTSQL in migrations (#23581).
- Restored the ability to use more than five levels of subqueries (#23758).
- Fixed crash when
ValidationErroris initialized with a
ValidationErrorthat is initialized with a dictionary (#24008).
- Prevented a crash on apps without migrations when running