Django 1.6.1 release notes¶
December 12, 2013
This is Django 1.6.1, a bugfix release for Django 1.6. In addition to the bug fixes listed below, translations submitted since the 1.6 release are also included.
BCryptSHA256PasswordHasherwith py-bcrypt and Python 3 (#21398).
- Fixed a regression that prevented a
ForeignKeywith a hidden reverse manager (
related_nameending with ‘+’) from being used as a lookup for
AttributeErrorin some situations (#21432).
get_user_model()raised an error (#21439).
- Fixed a regression that prevented editable
GenericRelationsubclasses from working in
- Added missing
ModelMultipleChoiceFieldwhich is required in Django 1.6 to properly detect changes from initial values (#21568).
django.contrib.humanizetranslations where the unicode sequence for the non-breaking space was returned verbatim (#21415).
loaddataerror when fixture file name contained any dots not related to file extensions (#21457) or when fixture path was relative but located in a subdirectory (#21551).
- Fixed display of inline instances in formsets when parent has 0 for primary key (#21472).
- Fixed a regression where custom querysets for foreign keys were overwritten
ModelAdminhad ordering set (#21405).
- Removed mention of a feature in the
-loption of the
compilemessagescommands that never worked as promised: Support of multiple locale names separated by commas. It’s still possible to specify multiple locales in one run by using the option multiple times (#21488, #17181).
- Fixed a regression that unnecessarily triggered settings configuration when
- Fixed test client
logout()method when using the cookie-based session backend (#21448).
- Fixed a crash when a
GeometryFielduses a non-geometric widget (#21496).
- Fixed password hash upgrade when changing the iteration count (#21535).
- Fixed a bug in the debug view when the URLconf only contains one element (#21530).
- Re-added missing search result count and reset link in changelist admin view (#21510).
- The current language is no longer saved to the session by
LocaleMiddlewareon every response, but rather only after a logout (#21473).
- Fixed a crash when executing
runserveron non-English systems and when the formatted date in its output contained non-ASCII characters (#21358).
- Fixed a crash in the debug view after an exception occurred on Python ≥ 3.3 (#21443).
- Fixed a crash in
ImageFieldon some platforms (Homebrew and RHEL6 reported) (#21355).
- Fixed a regression when using generic relations in