- Language: en
- Documentation version: development
Django’s template engine provides a powerful mini-language for defining the user-facing layer of your application, encouraging a clean separation of application and presentation logic. Templates can be maintained by anyone with an understanding of HTML; no knowledge of Python is required. For introductory material, see Templates topic guide.
- The Django template language
- Built-in template tags and filters
- The Django template language: for Python programmers
- Upgrading templates to Django 1.8
For information on writing your own custom tags and filters, see Custom template tags and filters.