Django 1.6.2 release notes¶
February 6, 2014
This is Django 1.6.2, a bugfix release for Django 1.6. Django 1.6.2 fixes several bugs in 1.6.1:
- Prevented the base geometry object of a prepared geometry to be garbage collected, which could lead to crash Django (#21662).
- Fixed a crash when executing the changepassword command when the user object representation contained non-ASCII characters (#21627).
- The collectstatic command will raise an error rather than default to using the current working directory if STATIC_ROOT is not set. Combined with the --clear option, the previous behavior could wipe anything below the current working directory (#21581).
- Fixed mail encoding on Python 3.3.3+ (#21093).
- Fixed an issue where when settings.DATABASES['default']['AUTOCOMMIT'] = False, the connection wasn’t in autocommit mode but Django pretended it was.
- Fixed a regression in multiple-table inheritance exclude() queries (#21787).
- Added missing items to django.utils.timezone.__all__ (#21880).
- Fixed a field misalignment issue with select_related() and model inheritance (#21413).
- Fixed join promotion for negated AND conditions (#21748).
- Oracle database introspection now works with boolean and float fields (#19884).
- Fixed an issue where lazy objects weren’t actually marked as safe when passed through mark_safe() and could end up being double-escaped (#21882).
Additionally, Django’s vendored version of six, django.utils.six has been upgraded to the latest release (1.5.2).
Having trouble? We'd like to help!
- Try the FAQ — it's got answers to many common questions.
- Search for information in the archives of the django-users mailing list, or post a question.
- Ask a question in the #django IRC channel, or search the IRC logs to see if it has been asked before.
- If you notice errors with this documentation, please open a ticket and let us know! Please only use the ticket tracker for criticisms and improvements on the docs. For tech support, use the resources above.