Django 1.6.1 release notes¶
December 12, 2013
This is Django 1.6.1, a bugfix release for Django 1.6. In addition to the bug fixes listed below, translations submitted since the 1.6 release are also included.
- Fixed BCryptSHA256PasswordHasher with py-bcrypt and Python 3 (#21398).
- Fixed a regression that prevented a ForeignKey with a hidden reverse manager (related_name ending with ‘+’) from being used as a lookup for prefetch_related (#21410).
- Fixed Queryset.datetimes raising AttributeError in some situations (#21432).
- Fixed ModelBackend raising UnboundLocalError if get_user_model() raised an error (#21439).
- Fixed a regression that prevented editable GenericRelation subclasses from working in ModelForms (#21428).
- Added missing to_python method for ModelMultipleChoiceField which is required in Django 1.6 to properly detect changes from initial values (#21568).
- Fixed django.contrib.humanize translations where the unicode sequence for the non-breaking space was returned verbatim (#21415).
- Fixed loaddata error when fixture file name contained any dots not related to file extensions (#21457) or when fixture path was relative but located in a subdirectory (#21551).
- Fixed display of inline instances in formsets when parent has 0 for primary key (#21472).
- Fixed a regression where custom querysets for foreign keys were overwritten if ModelAdmin had ordering set (#21405).
- Removed mention of a feature in the --locale/-l option of the makemessages and compilemessages commands that never worked as promised: Support of multiple locale names separated by commas. It’s still possible to specify multiple locales in one run by using the option multiple times (#21488, #17181).
- Fixed a regression that unnecessarily triggered settings configuration when importing get_wsgi_application (#21486).
- Fixed test client logout() method when using the cookie-based session backend (#21448).
- Fixed a crash when a GeometryField uses a non-geometric widget (#21496).
- Fixed password hash upgrade when changing the iteration count (#21535).
- Fixed a bug in the debug view when the URLconf only contains one element (#21530).
- Re-added missing search result count and reset link in changelist admin view (#21510).
- The current language is no longer saved to the session by LocaleMiddleware on every response, but rather only after a logout (#21473).
- Fixed a crash when executing runserver on non-English systems and when the formatted date in its output contained non-ASCII characters (#21358).
- Fixed a crash in the debug view after an exception occurred on Python ≥ 3.3 (#21443).
- Fixed a crash in ImageField on some platforms (Homebrew and RHEL6 reported) (#21355).
- Fixed a regression when using generic relations in ModelAdmin.list_filter (#21431).
Having trouble? We'd like to help!
- Try the FAQ — it's got answers to many common questions.
- Search for information in the archives of the django-users mailing list, or post a question.
- Ask a question in the #django IRC channel, or search the IRC logs to see if it has been asked before.
- If you notice errors with this documentation, please open a ticket and let us know! Please only use the ticket tracker for criticisms and improvements on the docs. For tech support, use the resources above.