Model Form Functions¶
- modelform_factory(model, form=ModelForm, fields=None, exclude=None, formfield_callback=None, widgets=None)¶
Returns a ModelForm class for the given model. You can optionally pass a form argument to use as a starting point for constructing the ModelForm.
fields is an optional list of field names. If provided, only the named fields will be included in the returned fields.
exclude is an optional list of field names. If provided, the named fields will be excluded from the returned fields, even if they are listed in the fields argument.
widgets is a dictionary of model field names mapped to a widget.
formfield_callback is a callable that takes a model field and returns a form field.
See ModelForm factory function for example usage.
- modelformset_factory(model, form=ModelForm, formfield_callback=None, formset=BaseModelFormSet, extra=1, can_delete=False, can_order=False, max_num=None, fields=None, exclude=None)¶
Returns a FormSet class for the given model class.
Arguments model, form, fields, exclude, and formfield_callback are all passed through to modelform_factory().
Arguments formset, extra, max_num, can_order, and can_delete are passed through to formset_factory. See Formsets for details.
See Model formsets for example usage.
- inlineformset_factory(parent_model, model, form=ModelForm, formset=BaseInlineFormSet, fk_name=None, fields=None, exclude=None, extra=3, can_order=False, can_delete=True, max_num=None, formfield_callback=None)¶
If your model has more than one ForeignKey to the parent_model, you must specify a fk_name.
See Inline formsets for example usage.
Having trouble? We'd like to help!
- Try the FAQ — it's got answers to many common questions.
- Search for information in the archives of the django-users mailing list, or post a question.
- Ask a question in the #django IRC channel, or search the IRC logs to see if it has been asked before.
- If you notice errors with this documentation, please open a ticket and let us know! Please only use the ticket tracker for criticisms and improvements on the docs. For tech support, use the resources above.